Academic and Career Programs
Motlow State Community College offers the following degree programs: Associate of Arts (A.A.), Associate of Fine Arts (A.F.A.), Associate of Science (A.S.), Associate of Science in Teaching (A.S.T.), several Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) and certificate programs.
Tennessee Transfer Pathways (TTP) Associate Degrees
A student who completes all the courses listed for the selected major of a Transfer Pathway will be able to earn an A.A. or A.S. degree from the community college. Whenever the student transfers to a Tennessee public or private college/university, the transcript will certify that the pathway has been followed. The student is guaranteed that all the community college courses taken will be accepted at the college/university and the courses will count toward completion of the particular major. If a community college student transfers to another Tennessee community college, he or she is guaranteed that all courses transfer.
Admission to UT, Knoxville is competitive. For UTK, the Pathways do not guarantee admission. Provided that all other admission criteria are met, individual TICUA institutions may require courses specific to their mission that do not result in additional time spent toward degree completion.
Career & Technical Programs
Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.)
The A.A.S. program is a two-year degree plan designed for students who want to pursue short-term training so they can quickly enter the workforce.
Workforce Education Certificates
Certificates are programs of study that vary in length and are designed to prepare the student for occupational employment. Requirements vary by area of study.
Degree Programs with Classification of Instructional Program (CIP) Codes
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician Certificate, C1: 31.51.0904.03
- Business Major, A.A.S.: 32.52.0201.01
- Computer Information Technology, A.A.S.: 06.11.0103.00
- Early Childhood Education, A.A.S.: 12.19.0706.00
- Early Childhood Education 12 hours Certificate, C1.: 12.19.0706.00
- Early Childhood Education 24 hours Certificate, C1.: 12.19.0706.01
- Emergency Medical Technician Certificate, C1: 31.51.0904.02
- General Technology, A.A.S.: 21.30.0000.00
- Mechatronics Technology, A.A.S.: 09.15.0403.00
- Mechatronics Technology Certificate, C1.: 09.15.0403.00
- Medical Laboratory Technology, A.A.S.: 31.51.1004.00
- Nursing, A.A.S.: 31.51.3801.00
- Paramedic, A.A.S.: 31.51.0904.00
- Paramedic Certificate, C1: 31.51.0904.00
- Teaching, A.S.T.: 08.13.0101.00
- University Parallel, A.A.: 16.24.0101.01
- University Parallel, A.S.: 16.24.0101.01