Nursing and Allied Health
Associate of Science Degree
The Health Sciences degree at Motlow provides a program of study for students who want to pursue a career in health care. Some students enter this program and then, if accepted, transfer into a nursing program or an allied health program.
During the program of study, students will be introduced to the:
- Language of health care
- Structure and functions of the human body
- Development of microorganisms
- Concepts of health and illness
- Behavioral and mental processes
- And other dynamic and interesting coursework that prepares students for a career in health care
Students will be engaged in learning through:
- hands-on lab opportunities
- critical thinking
- interaction with students and instructors
- exposure to challenging coursework, lectures, and classroom interaction
This concentration in Health Sciences is representative of the courses many nursing and allied health programs require for admission. Please consult the specific requirements of the college or university you plan to attend as each institution’s requirements differ. Nursing and allied health programs are highly competitive. Completing this concentration does not guarantee acceptance into any specific program.